Subject: Bug#1362: Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 break X2Go, can't read user name with space

From: Khoa Tran <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 14:13:25 -0800

Package: <X2GoClient-4.1.2.0-2018.06.22-setup.exe>
Version: <4.1.2.0>

1-After updating from Window 10 Ver 1803 to 1809; x2go doesn't work any
more.
2- It fails with the following messages:

Loop: PANIC! Can't open options file '/cygdrive/C/Users/Barry'. Error is 2
'No such file or directory'.
Error: Can't open options file '/cygdrive/C/Users/Barry'. Error is 2 'No
such file or directory'.
Loop: PANIC! Can't open options file '/cygdrive/C/Users/Barry'. Error is 2
'No such file or directory'.
Error: Can't open options file '/cygdrive/C/Users/Barry'. Error is 2 'No
such file or directory'.
Connection timeout, abortingLoop: PANIC! Can't open options file
'/cygdrive/C/Users/Barry'. Error is 2 'No such file or directory'.
Error: Can't open options file '/cygdrive/C/Users/Barry'. Error is 2 'No
such file or directory'.
Connection timeout, aborting

Looking at the "options" files now generated under Ver 1809, they look like:
nx/nx,root=/cygdrive/C/Users/Barry
Pangrle/.x2go,connect=localhost,cookie=064e8b5bdd350e061f76b243b8d5b5e5,port=35936,errors=/cygdrive/C/Users/Barry
Pangrle/.x2go/S-bpangrle-51-1546910140_stDMATE_dp32/sessions:51

An "options" file generated under Ver 1803 looks like:
nx/nx,root=/cygdrive/C/Users/BARRYP~1/X2GO~1,connect=localhost,cookie=e8a3a18f683a68163533a911fad81985,port=45490,errors=/cygdrive/C/Users/BARRYP~1/X2GO~1/S-bpangrle-51-1545005939_stDMATE_dp32/sessions:51

It looks like the old version used to use "BARRYP~1" in the path instead of
"Barry Pangrle" and based on the error messages, it seems to not be able to
trace through the " " in the path name.

3. Expect to read folder with space and replace with ~ instead of space.
4. X2go can't read space, can't replace with ~ and failed.

Also, please list the following info:

   1. The client machine's OS (e.g., “Windows 10 pro version 1809”)
   2. The client machine's version of X2GoClient: 4.1.2.0
   3. The server's OS: CentOS 7, worked with Windows 10 version 1803