Subject: Bug#1360: openSUSE RPM depends on obsolete (and nowadays missing) Perl

From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:35:00 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.4
Tag: rpm-packages

The openSUSE Tumbleweed packages for x2goserver at
<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:repositories:suse> are not
compatible with the version of Perl currently distributed by Tumbleweed.
This makes it impossible to install them on Tumbleweed; if they are
already installed then it makes it impossible to update Tumbleweed
without uninstalling x2goserver.  For example:

$ sudo zypper update perl
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
There is an update candidate for 'perl', but it is from a different
vendor. Use 'zypper install perl-5.28.1-169.5.x86_64' to install this
candidate. Resolving package dependencies...

Problem:
x2goserver-xsession-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20181213.1753.heuler.x86_64
requires perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.26.2), but this requirement cannot be
provided deleted providers: perl-5.26.2-1.4.x86_64 Solution 1:
Following actions will be done: deinstallation of
x2goserver-xsession-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20181213.1753.heuler.x86_64
deinstallation of
x2goserver-common-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20181213.1753.heuler.x86_64
deinstallation of
x2goserver-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20181213.1753.heuler.x86_64
deinstallation of
perl-X2Go-Server-DB-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20181213.1753.heuler.x86_64
deinstallation of
perl-X2Go-Server-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20181213.1753.heuler.x86_64
deinstallation of
perl-X2Go-Log-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20181213.1753.heuler.x86_64
deinstallation of
x2goserver-extensions-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20181213.1753.heuler.x86_64
Solution 2: do not install perl-5.28.1-1.1.x86_64 Solution 3: break
x2goserver-xsession-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20181213.1753.heuler.x86_64
by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/3/c] (c):