Subject: Tooltips, pull-down menus, and context menus too far away

From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:42:22 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.1.1

I've recently started experiencing a problem when running single
applications over X2Go.  Quite often small windows such as tooltips,
pull-down menus, and context menus get positioned far, far away from
where they are supposed to be.  For example, I'm currently writing this
message in Claws Mail; when I activate the "Edit" pull-down menu, the
menu doesn't appear under the menu bar but rather way over on my second
screen.  (I use a dual-monitor setup.)

The problem happens with a lot of different applications, but not
always consistently.  For instance, sometimes I might hover my pointer
over a widget that causes a tooltip to display halfway across the
screen, and a minute or two later I'll do the same thing but this time
the tooltip will display right over the widget like it's supposed to.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in X2Go or in my window manager, and if
it is in X2Go, whether its the client or server that's at fault.  I'm
running the X2Go Server 4.1.0.4 on openSUSE Tumbleweed, and connecting
from X2Go Client 4.1.1.1 on openSUSE Leap 15.0, using KDE Plasma
5.12.6.  (I can't upgrade the client due to Bug #1358.)