Subject: Bug#1359: Tooltips, pull-down menus, and context menus too far away

From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:42:22 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.1.1

I've recently started experiencing a problem when running single
applications over X2Go.  Quite often small windows such as tooltips,
pull-down menus, and context menus get positioned far, far away from
where they are supposed to be.  For example, I'm currently writing this
message in Claws Mail; when I activate the "Edit" pull-down menu, the
menu doesn't appear under the menu bar but rather way over on my second
screen.  (I use a dual-monitor setup.)

The problem happens with a lot of different applications, but not
always consistently.  For instance, sometimes I might hover my pointer
over a widget that causes a tooltip to display halfway across the
screen, and a minute or two later I'll do the same thing but this time
the tooltip will display right over the widget like it's supposed to.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in X2Go or in my window manager, and if
it is in X2Go, whether its the client or server that's at fault.  I'm
running the X2Go Server 4.1.0.4 on openSUSE Tumbleweed, and connecting
from X2Go Client 4.1.1.1 on openSUSE Leap 15.0, using KDE Plasma
5.12.6.  (I can't upgrade the client due to Bug #1358.)

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 14:32:23 +0100

Cloned that into an nx-libs issue:
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/issues/757

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 1:51 PM Tristan Miller
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 14:50:02 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2goclient package:

#1359: Tooltips, pull-down menus,  and context menus too far away

It has been closed by Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Tristan Miller <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1359: http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1359
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1359: Tooltips, pull-down menus, and context menus too far away
From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:39:26 +0100

Greetings.

> https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/issues/757

A fix for that nx-libs issue has been applied, which solves the
problem described in this report. So this bug can be closed.

Regards,
Tristan

-- 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                  Tristan Miller
Free Software developer, ferret herder, logologist
             https://logological.org/
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Subject: Tooltips, pull-down menus, and context menus too far away
From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:42:22 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.1.1