Subject: pyhoca 0.6.0.1 incompatible with x2goserver 4.1.0.3

From: Chris Greenshields <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 13:44:00 +0000

Package: Pyhoca
Version: 0.6.0.1

I tested all combinations of the following recent releases of the
following software from the ppa:x2go/stable and ubuntu repositories:
+ x2goserver
  + 4.1.0.0-3 (ubuntu) 
  + 4.1.0.3-0~1708~ubuntu18.04.1 (ppa:x2go/stable)
+ x2goclient
  + 4.1.1.1-2 (ubuntu)
  + 4.1.2.1-0~1788~ubuntu18.04.1 (ppa:x2go/stable)
+ pyhoca-cli
  + 0.5.0.4-1 (ubuntu)
  + 0.6.0.1 (ppa:x2go/stable)

There is one combination that did not work:
x2goserver 4.1.0.3-0~1708~ubuntu18.04.1 (ppa:x2go/stable) with
pyhoca-cli 0.6.0.1 (ppa:x2go/stable)

It failed with the following message, which I assume is a bug:
"
a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'
pyhoca-cli: error: the remote server does not have the X2Go Server
software installed
"

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 12:22:37 +0000

Control: reassign -1 pyhoca-cli

> pyhoca-cli: error: the remote server does not have the X2Go Server

Thanks for reporting this issue. I thought I had already fixed that.  
Need to take a second look, obviously.

Will do the coming week.
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 16:07:07 +0000

Control: tags -1 moreinfo

Hi,

> pyhoca-cli: error: the remote server does not have the X2Go Server

There were to commits in the near past that might be related to the  
newly introduced checking of X2Go Server being installed on the remote  
host:

X2Go Server:
https://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commitdiff;h=c80103788eebe0445efc2cefb56b074231b76f39

Python X2Go:
https://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=python-x2go.git;a=commitdiff;h=d383eb79567677a5be1756ec0fd991f8d82e7a2f

Can you verify that you have both patches in your x2goserver /  
python3-x2go packages?

Thanks,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

---

From: Chris Greenshields <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 21:19:24 +0000

Hi Mike,

I checked the sources from the x2goserver and pyhoca-cli packages from
the ubuntu and ppa:x2go/stable repositories.

The incompatible combination is
+ pyhoca-cli 0.6.0.1, which includes the patch you mentioned, despite
the fact that the patch appears to be introduced in code marked
0.6.0.2;
+ and, x2goserver 4.1.0.3, which does not include the patch you mentioned.

Older versions of both packages I tested, x2goserver 4.1.0.0 and
pyhoca-cli 0.5.0.4, do not include the patches you mentioned, and they
are compatible.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chris

> [1  <text/plain; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]

> [2 Digitale PGP-Signatur <application/pgp-signature (7bit)>]
> No public key for 9AF46B3025771B31 created at 2019-01-06T16:07:07+0000 using RSA

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 13:08:47 +0000

Hi Chris,

> + and, x2goserver 4.1.0.3, which does not include the patch you mentioned.

Please manually add the patch I mentioned (or upgrade to X2Go Server  
from heuler for now).

Then, pyhoca-cli should be able to launch sessions again.

Please let me know if that works.
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

---

From: Chris Greenshields <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:24:59 +0000

Hi Mike,

I confirm that with the patch to x2goserver (4.1.0.4), pyhoca-cli
0.6.0.1 (which included the other patch) functions correctly.

This means that the x2go/stable repository contains a version of
x2goserver, i.e. 4.1.0.3, which is incompatible both with the version
of pyhoca-cli (0.6.0.1) in the same repository, and subsequent
versions (0.6.0.2) in the nightly repository.
https://launchpad.net/~x2go/+archive/ubuntu/stable?field.series_filter=bionic

I don't know when a version is deemed stable, but I wonder if it is
possible to release x2goserver 4.1.0.4 in the stable repository.

Thanks for clarifying the issue.

Chris

> [1  <text/plain (quoted-printable)>]
> Hi Chris,

> No public key for 9AF46B3025771B31 created at 2019-01-10T13:08:47+0000 using RSA

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:33:48 +0000

Hi Chris,

> Thanks for clarifying the issue.

Thanks for testing. Note that this bug is already fix via a patch in  
Debian's official X2Go Server package.

@Mihai: when is the next upstream release of X2Go Server scheduled?

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:39:57 +0000

Control: reassign -1 x2goserver
Control: found -1 4.1.0.3

> Thanks for clarifying the issue.

I added a bug closure to changelog block of 4.1.0.4 in X2Go Server.

Re-assigning this issue to X2Go Server. It will be closed once 4.1.0.4  
has been released.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM