Subject: Bug#1356: Unable to find the sftp-server binary

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 17:07:09 -0500

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.1.1

Connecting from Linux Mint 19.1 running x2goclient 4.1.1.1,
to Linux Mint 19 running x2goserver 4.1.0.0-3 (same version of
x2goserver-xsession) and mxagent 2:3.5.99.16-1

Error message pops up:
-------------
Unable to find the sftp-server binary. Neither bundled, nor found in $PATH
nor additional directories.

If you are using a Linux-based operating system, please ask your system
administrator to install the package containing the sftp-server binary.
Common names are openssh, openssh-server or openssh-sftp-server depending
upon distribution.

If the sftp-server binary is installed on your system, please report a bug
mentioning its path on:

https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:bugs
-------------

sftp-server is at:
/usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server

Bob Harold

---

From: "Dietmar Seyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 17:22:10 +0200

Helo . . .

The installation of the openssh-server also installs the sftp-server - now works fine.

NAME="Linux Mint"

VERSION="19.2 (Tina)"

PRETTY_NAME="Linux Mint 19.2"

VERSION_ID="19.2"

VERSION_CODENAME=tina

UBUNTU_CODENAME=bionic