Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1353: with dash as default shell, x2goagent.options are not being parsed correctly

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 20:32:14 +0100

Am 10.12.18 um 15:32 schrieb Stefan Baur:
>> The x2goagent.options file is sourced by x2gostartagent and that uses
>> /bin/bash as shebang.
>>
>> I am inclined to close this bug unless you have more info. Even if you
>> user as /bin/dash as default shell, the x2goagent.options file should be
>> sourced by bash.
> Interesting.  Please keep it open for now; I will check back with the
> affected user.  For some reason, their session wasn't picking up the
> x2goagent.options, and they had /bin/dash as their default shell.

The user says that not the individual accounts' shell was set to
/bin/dash, but the system-wide default shell.
And changing it to /bin/bash fixed the issue for them.
Grepping through the X2Go code, I found several instances where /bin/sh
is used (/usr/sbin/x2golistsessions_root, /usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions,
/usr/bin/x2gopath, /usr/bin/x2gobasepath, /etc/init.d/x2goserver,
/usr/bin/x2goprint).  There is also a match in the /usr/bin/x2goagent
binary.

Could it be that x2gostartagent itself is being called in a way that
skips the shebang line? (e.g. "/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/x2gostartagent")

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243