Subject: x2gothinclient-common: File conflict w/ x2gothinclient

From: Hilmar Preuße <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 23:40:46 +0100

Package: x2gothinclient-common
Version: 1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+9

Here is my session of today's upgrade

hille@haka:~$ sudo apt upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
   pinentry-x2go x2gothinclient-common x2gothinclient-displaymanager
The following packages will be upgraded:
   x2gothinclient
1 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 437 kB of archives.
After this operation, 597 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

<package fetch snipped>

Reading changelogs... Done
apt-listchanges: Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
apt-listchanges: Mailing hille: apt-listchanges: changelogs for haka
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously unselected package pinentry-x2go.
(Reading database ... 320804 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../pinentry-x2go_0.7.5.9-2_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking pinentry-x2go (0.7.5.9-2) ...
Preparing to unpack
.../x2gothinclient_1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+9.main.1_all.deb ...
Unpacking x2gothinclient (1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+9.main.1) over
(1.1.0.2-0x2go1+git20180205.485+9.main.1) ...
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/etc/x2go/freerdp': 
Directory not empty
Selecting previously unselected package x2gothinclient-common.
Preparing to unpack .../x2gothinclient-
common_1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+9.main.1_all.deb ...
Unpacking x2gothinclient-common 
(1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+9.main.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/x2gothinclient-
common_1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+9.main.1_all.deb (--unpack):
  trying to overwrite '/etc/x2go/x2gothinclient_init', which is also in 
package
x2gothinclient 1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+9.main.1
Selecting previously unselected package x2gothinclient-displaymanager.
Preparing to unpack .../x2gothinclient-
displaymanager_1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+9.main.1_all.deb ...
Unpacking x2gothinclient-displaymanager
(1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+9.main.1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
  /var/cache/apt/archives/x2gothinclient-
common_1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+9.main.1_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
hille@haka:~$ sudo apt upgrade

I guess the old version of x2gothinclient still contained the file and 
you need to make sure the new version of this package package is in 
place before the new -common package gets installed (Conflicts etc.)

I'm not going to subscribe to your ML so please keep me in Cc. Thanks!

Hilmar

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 9.6
   APT prefers stable-updates
   APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.utf8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8 (charmap=UTF-8), 
LANGUAGE=en_US.utf8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)

Versions of packages x2gothinclient-common depends on:
ii  adduser     3.115
ii  x2goclient  4.1.2.1-0x2go1+git20180626.1801+9.main.1

x2gothinclient-common recommends no packages.

x2gothinclient-common suggests no packages.