Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1342: Bug#1342: Graphical apps stalling in suspended session

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 11:08:48 +0100

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 09:54:51 +0100
Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> In my tests I have changed the _first_ entry in the options file, the
> one without the +. Does that make any difference for you?

It does not make any difference about the session suspension issue if I
either set "-options" alone (without the +=) or with any combination of
the other occurences in the file /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options

> > mimebox and tools are not created in the x2go session folder
> > (/tmp/.x2go-user/<session>).
> > This side effect is kind of worse for us.  
> 
> Can you please explain in detail? I am wondering what is happening
> here.

The problem that I get when adding the/setting the -option switch is
that I cannot suspend the session any more (e.g. the
x2gosuspend-session command does not suspend the session) and I'm
getting the following line every 2 seconds in the log:

/usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions[1115]: <user>-50-1542963751_stDXFCE_dp32:
state file for this session does not
exist: /tmp/.x2go-<user>/C-<user>-50-1542963751_stDXFCE_dp32/state
(this can be ignored during session startups)

I also have some files missing as I stated previously (clients,
keyboard, state) which I think is linked somehow to the issue.

> You can also try - instead of using the non-obvious setting in
> x2goagent.setting - to adapt x2gostartagent on the server to integrate
> that option into the generated options file.

Do you mean I should wrap a script around the x2gostartagent executable?
Or is there an configuration file somewhere that I can use?

On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 11:00:47 +0000
Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This is indeed peculiar.  Are you sure, not syntax error is involved  
> in x2goagent.options. Note that the mimebox folder is used only by  
> Python X2Go, if you use X2Go Client, you can simply ignore its  
> non-existent.

I have only 2 lines uncommented on this file, and I checked several
times, so I don't think there is any syntax error.

> For tracking this down, you need to provide some debug output of the  
> X2Go Server side.
> Also, let us know, if you use X2Go Client or PyHoca-CLI or -GUI on
> the client-side.
> If you use PyHoca-*, run it with "--libdebug" on a cmd line and  
> provide the debug output.
> If you use X2Go Client, you can use the --debug switch, but
> beware... it will reveal user passwords, so don't send that unedited
> to a public mailing list!

We are using the X2Go client, I will try to grab the debug version and
run it.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:45:01 -0700
Orion Poplawski <[email-masked]> wrote:

> See https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1322 for my
> proposal for addressing this on the server side.  I believe by adding
> the line above you are messing up many of the default options.
> According to the man page of nxagent:
> 
>       -options filename
>                path to an options file containing nx/nx options (see
> below).

Thanks for the suggestion. I barely have time to debug the issue, I'm
afraid having to patch and compile anything will be too time consuming.
I guess I'll wait for nightly builds if the patch is considered for
inclusion in the project.