Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1342: Bug#1342: Graphical apps stalling in suspended session

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 11:00:47 +0000

Hi,

On  Do 15 Nov 2018 17:48:30 CET, yk+bug+x2go wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:50:59 +0100
> Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> That has been implemented on purpose by nomachine to take some load
>> off the server. You can disable that via the sleep option:
>>        sleep=<int>
>>               delay X server operations when suspended (provided in
>> msec), set to 0 to keep nxagent session fully functional when
>> suspended (e.g. useful when mirroring an nxagent session via VNC)
>>
>> You can set this sleep to 0 in /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options on the
>> server with the following line:
>> X2GO_NXAGENT_DEFAULT_OPTIONS="-options nx/nx,sleep=0"
>>
>> This in non-obvious and should be a client option instead... Can you
>> please try if that helps for your setup?
>
> So I tried this options by adding it to the previous ones:
> X2GO_NXAGENT_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=" -options nx/nx,sleep=0"

ok...

> It seems to solve indeed the problem at least for glxgears, which now
> runs faster when I quit the x2go client, which is what I expect.
> However, it has the serious side effect of preventing the sessions to
> be suspended; the files clients, keyboard, state and the folders
> mimebox and tools are not created in the x2go session folder
> (/tmp/.x2go-user/<session>).
> This side effect is kind of worse for us.

This is indeed peculiar.  Are you sure, not syntax error is involved  
in x2goagent.options. Note that the mimebox folder is used only by  
Python X2Go, if you use X2Go Client, you can simply ignore its  
non-existent.

For tracking this down, you need to provide some debug output of the  
X2Go Server side.

Also, let us know, if you use X2Go Client or PyHoca-CLI or -GUI on the  
client-side.

If you use PyHoca-*, run it with "--libdebug" on a cmd line and  
provide the debug output.

If you use X2Go Client, you can use the --debug switch, but beware...  
it will reveal user passwords, so don't send that unedited to a public  
mailing list!

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de