Subject: Bug#1342: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1342: Graphical apps stalling in suspended session

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:48:30 +0100

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:50:59 +0100
Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> That has been implemented on purpose by nomachine to take some load
> off the server. You can disable that via the sleep option:
>        sleep=<int>
>               delay X server operations when suspended (provided in
> msec), set to 0 to keep nxagent session fully functional when
> suspended (e.g. useful when mirroring an nxagent session via VNC)
> 
> You can set this sleep to 0 in /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options on the
> server with the following line:
> X2GO_NXAGENT_DEFAULT_OPTIONS="-options nx/nx,sleep=0"
> 
> This in non-obvious and should be a client option instead... Can you
> please try if that helps for your setup?

So I tried this options by adding it to the previous ones:
X2GO_NXAGENT_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=" -options nx/nx,sleep=0"

It seems to solve indeed the problem at least for glxgears, which now
runs faster when I quit the x2go client, which is what I expect.
However, it has the serious side effect of preventing the sessions to
be suspended; the files clients, keyboard, state and the folders
mimebox and tools are not created in the x2go session folder
(/tmp/.x2go-user/<session>).
This side effect is kind of worse for us.