Subject: Bug#1336: Spaces in user folder name cause X2Go sessions to finish immediately

From: Pawel Kedzierski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:52:04 +0200

Package: X2Go Client
Version: 4.1.2.0-2018.06.22
System: Windows 10 (other may be affected, too)

Description of the problem:
When the user name in Windows contains spaces, say "Aaa Bbb", X2Go 
Client finishes remote session immediately after asking for password.
To see the reason, one must check the "Details" checkbox in the dialog 
presented when the connection is started.
The message is that the user directory "/cygwin/c/Users/Aaa" can not be 
accessed.

Expected behaviour:
The program should not cut the user folder name on the first space, so 
in the example given above it should look for
"/cygwin/c/Users/Aaa Bbb".

Other info:
I tried to create a Cygwin soft link from "/cygwin/c/Users/Aaa Bbb" to 
"/cygwin/c/Users/Aaa", and also with Windows NTFS junction. Both 
attempts failed. Renaming the user in Windows does not help either, 
because the folder name is not changed. Settings of X2Go session are 
irrelevant. Only from another account with no spaces in the user name, I 
was able to connect with X2Go Client.

With regards,

Paweł Kędzierski