Subject: Bug#1332:

From: Suzan Kowalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 15:01:26 -0400

Package: X2Go Client
Version: 4.0.2.0

When I connect to an X2Go Server, after entering credentials, it
returns message:

"Connection failed Your home directory path contains non-ASCII characters.
Aborting session startup."

I verified the $HOME path and it does not contain non-ASCII
characters. When I initially installed X2Go server and client a few
weeks ago, I was able to login successfully. Nothing has changed on
this server to account for this new error message.

Best regards,

Suzan Kowalski

-- 
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which 
it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is 
proprietary, privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from 
disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, or have been inadvertently 
and erroneously referenced in the address line, you are not authorized to 
read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If 
you have received this message in error, please notify the sender 
immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

---

From: Michael Büchler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 17:49:35 +0200

Package: X2Go Server
Version: 4.1.0.3-0~1708~ubuntu18.04.1 am64

I had the same issue: this morning I suddenly couldn't connect after a
few weeks of usage.

Turned out my root filesystem was 100% full.

Who did this? X2Go, apparently. This file was 254 GiB in size:
/tmp/.x2go-username/C-username-50-blabla/cmdoutput

First I removed that file, then I found out that there were still
processes with active file descriptors on that (deleted) file. Thus the
filesystem didn't release the space.

These processes can be found by using 
# lsof | grep cmdoutput

To let the filesystem free the space I tried this and it worked:
# ls -l /proc/15644/fd/
# cat /dev/null > /proc/15644/fd/1
where 15644 is the PID of one of these processes and 1 is the fd number
that points to the deleted file.

And when I say "I tried this" then I mean "I googled for some
stackexchange results and applied them", of course.

Maybe this helps someone in a similar situation. Or is it even a bug in
X2Go? Long solved in recent versions that you get on a decent distro?

Regards
Michael

---

From: Jack Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 04:29:39 +0000

Hi,

Good Morning,

I am following up to confirm if you are interested in acquiring the Visitors/Attendees list.

GeoConvention
13 - 15 Sep 2021
Calgary, Canada
Counts: 1500+

Or you want any other visitors/Attendees list and any other Database then mail me back.

We also provide you Previous Events/Years of Visitors/Attendees list.

Let me know if you are interested so that I can provide you the cost and additional details.

Thanks & Regards,
Jack Lewis - Business Analyst