Subject: Bug#1331: Could not get a suitable RGB visual

From: Philippe Dax <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 20:50:22 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.0

Hi,

I am sorry to reformulate my request (Bug#1330) because the Package was
inapropiated (OpenGL) .

I am using x2go since many years (4 years) and I really appreciate it, but
since a few months my application doesn’t work more.
In the recent past all was right and worked fine.

On the client side I have a Mac running High-Sierra MacOSX. I am using the
latest x2go-client to connect by ssh on a distant GNU/Linux server under
Fedora 28.
Once the distant desktop (Xfce) is opened, I use a terminal window to
launch an application which use OpenGL. The problem occurs with a call to
the function ‘glXChooseVisual()’ which don’t found any suitable visual.
To prouve this issue I have used a well-known example ‘glxsimple.c’ which
said the same thing.
In this example XOpenDisplay() works, glXQueryExtension() works, but
glXChooseVisual returns NULL.

Please did you heard of this issue or help me or tell what is wrong ?

Sincerely

Philippe Dax