Subject: Bug#1324: x2gomatebindings mess up language settings

From: "Prof. Dr. Reinhold von Schwerin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 13:20:13 +0200

Package: x2gomatebindings

Version: 0.0.1.5

(the exact version is 0.0.1.5-0~203~ubuntu18.04.1 for Ubuntu Bionic Beaver)

When I install x2gomatebindings in Ubuntu MATE 18.04.1, the language 
settings are messed up (see attached screenshots). Please note that this 
is inside a VMWare guest on my local machine (in production, this will 
run on an ESX server).

In particular, the system language is de_DE.UTF-8 and the screenshots 
demonstrate that in the file browser caja various standard folders are 
now named in English (Places, Computer, Desktop, File system, Trash, 
Network, Browse network) as opposed to (Orte, Rechner, Schreibtisch, 
Papierkorb, Netzwerk, Netzwerk durchsuchen). Also, the Icon for the home 
folder has been renamed (HDA_0n's Home) as opposed to (Perönlicher 
Ordner von HDA_0n). In the menus, there are a few more of these 
replacements.

I already had the same issue with Ubuntu MATE 14.04 Trusty Tahr, but did 
not investigate further since that was before MATE became an officially 
recognized Ubuntu dialect.

I would like to add that I have another VM in which I installed 
x2goserver and x2goserver-xsession WITHOUT x2gomatebindings and there 
this does not happen. So it is clear that the error must be with the 
MATE bindings. Also, my first impression is that I can connect to the VM 
without the MATE bindings and work with it using the X2Go client just 
fine, but I will have to really test that.