Subject: Bug#1312: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1312: QT applications crash with x2go server 4.1.0.2

From: Adrian Bickerstaffe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 23:30:44 +0000

Thanks for investigating. I¹ll give those suggestions a try and report
back soon.

On 24/10/18, 7:52 am, "Ulrich Sibiller" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 2:39 AM Adrian Bickerstaffe
><[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> The main one is Rstudio 1.1.456 which was installed from the .deb
>>package available from
>>https://download1.rstudio.org/rstudio-xenial-1.1.456-amd64.deb
>>.rstudio.org (64.9MB).
>>
>> Without the workaround, RStudio fails to launch with the same sort of
>>error reported earlier in this thread. With the workaround, users
>>reported ³Šquite difficult to navigate, slow response from server. In
>>particular but not only when using R studio. As well as constant
>>flickering of server window² and "The server window is often
>>³flickering², and response time is very slow."
>
>I have tried that version but since I have no R experience I cannot
>see any problems - neither with an old nx version nor with the latest
>(and greatest ;-) developer version.
>
>Without BIG-REQUESTS it fails with a GL message which indicates that
>it is using OpenGL which is slow on NX. Maybe rstudio offers a way to
>switch off OpenGL usage. I expect it to be fast then.
>
>I seems there have been ways to configure that in rstudio (see
>https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues/3185) but my version 1.1,456
>does not offer these settings.
>
>You can TRY adding "-extension GLX" (which disables the GLX extension)
>to x2goagent.options and see what happens.
>
>Uli
>