Subject: Improve user experience for "Display" selection in the Input/Output tab

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 22:13:24 +0200

package: x2goclient
priority: wishlist

X2GoClient 4.1.1.1 introduced that the option "Whole Display" in the 
"Display" section of the Input/Output tab is hidden when only one screen 
is connected.
IMO, this isn't ideal, because a user that only uses a second screen 
from time to time has no chance of finding out that they can limit an 
X2Go "fullscreen" session to a single screen (without showing window 
decorations on the X2Go window).
This is why I suggest that instead of hiding, the option should be 
greyed out.

Also, the average user has no clue that there is a difference between a 
screen and a display (in X-terminology).
Therefore, I suggest renaming the options, or at least adding some 
explanatory text:

"Fullscreen" should read "Fullscreen (span all screens)"

while

"Whole Display" should read "Whole Display (single-screen)"

or similar.  I'm open to suggestions, as long as they help making things 
clearer to an average/newbie user.

Personally, I would prefer it if "Whole Display" was selectable even in 
single-screen mode (along with a display number that can be entered 
manually), but I can understand that this is more of an expert feature 
and would confuse most users.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243