Subject: Bug#1295: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1295: x2goclient/broker mode : don't close on suspended session with --close-disconnect

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 12:01:03 +0000

Hi Walid,

On  Mi 09 Mai 2018 16:00:43 CEST, Walid MOGHRABI wrote:

> package: x2goclient
> version: 4.1.2.0-0~1750~ubuntu16.04.1
> priority: bug
>
> In broker/tce mode, when I connect a new session on TCE-CLIENT-1, if  
> I live migrate the running session on TCE-CLIENT-2, the session is  
> detached from client 1 to client 2 correctly (suspended on client 1  
> and correctly resumed on client 2) but x2goclient doesn't close  
> itself on client 1 once session is detached.

This per se is a bug, as --close-disconnect fails.

> The client stays opened on the sessions profiles list with the  
> currently logged in user instead of closing itself and getting back  
> to the broker login prompt.

I think --close-disconnect is not what you want. You want --broker-autologoff.

> This is a major security issue since anyone can then just click on a  
> session profile to connect with the current user credentials.

Understood. However, please check if you can achieve the correct  
behaviour with --broker-autologoff. It saves you the X2Go Client  
restarts on session logout.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de