Subject: Resolved

From: Ross Mohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 13:20:36 -0400

Installed x2goclient-4.1.2.0-2018.06.22 and performed additional 
testing. It seems that if I specify a key in the "Use RSA/DSA key for 
ssh connection" the client doesn't attempt to use the ssh agent at all, 
only that specific key file. I had thought that it would still try the 
agent first, but it only tries the specified key file and then moves 
right to asking for the password, skipping the agent altogether.

Next I created a new id_ed25519.ppk file and loaded it with pagent. I 
leave "Use RSA/DSA key for ssh connection" blank. The client now 
immediately uses pagent for authentication and launches my session 
without requiring any further interaction.

OK to close, thanks! -Ross

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 21:03:10 +0000

Control: close -1

On  Di 03 Jul 2018 19:20:36 CEST, Ross Mohn wrote:

> testing. It seems that if I specify a key in the "Use RSA/DSA key  
> for ssh connection" the client doesn't attempt to use the ssh agent  
> at all, only that specific key file. I had thought that it would  
> still try the agent first, but it only tries the specified key file  
> and then moves right to asking for the password, skipping the agent  
> altogether.
>
> Next I created a new id_ed25519.ppk file and loaded it with pagent.  
> I leave "Use RSA/DSA key for ssh connection" blank. The client now  

Thanks, closed now.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de