Subject: Can't connect after jessie update

From: Christophe Massez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 22:13:16 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.22-0x2go1+git20180204.1197+8.main.1

Hi all,

After upgrade of debian jessie, I can't connect with x2go.

On client side, error in log is :
*Error: failure of negotiating the session in stage '7'*
*Loop: PANIC! Wrong version or invalid session authentication cookie*

Error messagebox say :
*The remote proxy closed the connection while negociating the session. This
may be due to the wrong authentication credential passed to the server.*

On server side, in ~/.x2go :
*/usr/lib/nx/../x2go/bin/x2goagent: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcomp.so.3: undefined symbol:
pthread_key_create*

I suspect a package problem, so I install a *fresh* jessie, then following
this installation procedure :
https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:repositories:debian
-> replacing (or not) stretch by jessie, when I install x2goserver :

root@x2go:~# apt-get install x2goserver
Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances
Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
Certains paquets ne peuvent être installés. Ceci peut signifier
que vous avez demandé l'impossible, ou bien, si vous utilisez
la distribution unstable, que certains paquets n'ont pas encore
été créés ou ne sont pas sortis d'Incoming.
L'information suivante devrait vous aider à résoudre la situation :

Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
 x2goserver : Dépend: x2goagent (>= 2:3.5.0.33-0~) mais ne sera pas installé
E: Impossible de corriger les problèmes, des paquets défectueux sont en
mode « garder en l'état ».

With x2goagent :

root@x2go:~# apt-get install x2goagent
Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances
Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
Certains paquets ne peuvent être installés. Ceci peut signifier
que vous avez demandé l'impossible, ou bien, si vous utilisez
la distribution unstable, que certains paquets n'ont pas encore
été créés ou ne sont pas sortis d'Incoming.
L'information suivante devrait vous aider à résoudre la situation :

Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
 x2goagent : Dépend: nxagent (<
2:3.5.0.33-0x2go1+git20180204.776+8.main.1.1) mais
2:3.5.99.14-0+git20180302.2954+8.main.1 devra être installé
E: Impossible de corriger les problèmes, des paquets défectueux sont en
mode « garder en l'état ».

-> I can't install x2go server in jessie anymore, I can't upgrade jessie
without compromise x2go access.  Hope I'm not the only one to expect this
issue... I Stay available to do more tests, any help will be welcome.
Christophe

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 01:58:59 +0100

Control: reassign -1 packages.x2go.org
Control: close -1

> After upgrade of debian jessie, I can't connect with x2go.

You have been trying to upgrade at a time when new X2Go Server packages were not
available yet or otherwise upgraded only partly.

Please run apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade.

Does the problem persist?

Closing, since this should not be an issue any longer. If it is, we can re-open
the report.

Mihau

---

From: Christophe Massez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:51:44 +0100

Yes, this solve my problem, thanks !
Christophe