Subject: x2goclient 4.1.1.1-1 on Plasma 5.12.2-1 could work great with minor fix

From: Pascal Billery-Schneider <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 00:44:56 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.1.-1
Distrib: Archlinux

Dear devs,

When launching on a client an x2go SHADOW session, x2go can't display
properly when compositing effects are enabled on plasma.

So the trick is to ssh to the server with the login name of the x2go SHADOW
session and to disable kwin compositing effects:

$ qdbus org.kde.KWin /Compositor org.kde.kwin.Compositing.suspend

let the SSH session open

After the x2go SHADOW session is done and close...

... simply go back to the server previous SSH session and:

$ qdbus org.kde.KWin /Compositor org.kde.kwin.Compositing.resume

So it would be convenient to have the ability in the x2goclient to set a
field before the SHADOW command with: qdbus org.kde.KWin /Compositor
org.kde.kwin.Compositing.suspend and after: qdbus org.kde.KWin /Compositor
org.kde.kwin.Compositing.resume

Or BTW, there is a toggle trick: if [ `qdbus org.kde.KWin /Compositor
org.kde.kwin.Compositing.active` = true ]; then qdbus org.kde.KWin
/Compositor org.kde.kwin.Compositing.suspend; else qdbus org.kde.KWin
/Compositor org.kde.kwin.Compositing.resume; fi

Regards,
Sagittarius