Subject: Bug#1241: lock down option menu for desktop selection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 11:39:23 -0600

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.1.0 (Qt - 4.8.7)
Severity: wishlist

I am a big fan of X2GO.  Its awesome..   There is one design flaw that 
is a constant issue for me..  As little as it seems, it is actually a pain..

I have about 15 different hosts configured in x2go with various 
desktops.   The client window displays a scrolling list of connections 
on the right side.   The user selects the session to use from the list.

My problem is, each session  is configured with three live option menus 
- The desktop, the screen size, and the sound parameters. When I am 
scrolling up and down (via the mouse wheel) in the connections list, if 
the mouse happens to be in vertical alignment with the option menus, the 
list of connections will scroll until one of the menus is encountered by 
the mouse.   At that point the connections list stops moving, and 
instead the option menu begins scrolling instead.   What usually happens 
is the desktop selection gets accidentally changed.   I have to set it 
back before connecting..  Some times I am not exactly sure which desktop 
is used on that particular host.   I have been putting the desktop name 
in the session title.

It would be very very nice if there was some kind of setting to disable 
the three option menus in the session selections from the main client 
window.

Just a suggestion!

Many thanks!

-- 
-Monty

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 23:39:07 +0100

Control: tag -1 not-a-bug
Control: close -1

Am 15.12.2017 um 18:39 schrieb [email-masked]:

> is a constant issue for me..

[interactively changing session options from the tile using scroll wheel]

> the three option menus in the session selections from the main client

Please take a look at the man page or the output of x2goclient --help.
What you are looking for is already there, it's called --no-session-edit.

Thus, closing this (non-)bug.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 22:40:03 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2goclient package:

#1241: lock down option menu for desktop selection

It has been closed by Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Stefan Baur <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1241: http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1241
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1241: lock down option menu for desktop selection
From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 23:39:07 +0100

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

Subject: lock down option menu for desktop selection
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 11:39:23 -0600

Package: x2goclient

Just a suggestion!

Many thanks!

-- 
-Monty