Subject: Jitsi (Java Swing?) windows not rendered correctly

From: Daniel Pocock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:56:43 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.5.2-2

I'm running the Jitsi IM client (for XMPP) in a remote desktop accessed
through the x2goclient

Jitsi displays two windows:

- the chat sessions (tabbed)

- the buddy list

When I first start it, both windows work

After some time, rendering fails, I just see the window borders and not
the window contents.  Sometimes I see some or all of the buttons and
menus at the top, sometimes I don't see those either but if I move the
mouse over the button bar and menus they appear as the mouse moves over
them.  Sometimes maximizing the window and then restoring it to the
normal size makes it render properly.

Regards,

Daniel

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 21:05:46 +0100

I am sorry, but I failed to run jitsi. I installed it on Ubuntu like
describe here: https://jitsi.org/downloads/. And then? jitsi does not
seem bring any executable that opens a GUI. I also failed to find a
proper doc. So please describe how we can replicate your problem.

Uli

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Daniel Pocock <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev

---

From: Daniel Pocock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 22:01:23 +0100

> proper doc. So please describe how we can replicate your problem.

Did you use the package or the tarball?

When you run the jitsi binary from the command line, does it display any
errors on stdout or stderr?

Did you ever have jitsi before?  If so, it may have left a stray
configuration file.  If the configuration file includes a setting to
dock the main window then you won't see any window when you run it, you
have to look for the tray icon or tweak the configuration file:

$ grep -i tray .jitsi/sip-communicator.properties
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.systray.showApplication=true

Regards,

Daniel

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 22:38:22 +0100

Ah, that's the first problem: I don't even have anything called
"jitsi"... I have installed via apt as described.

Update: I now found the nightly tarball. Does not work:

~/Downloads/jitsi$ ./run.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
net/java/sip/communicator/launcher/SIPCommunicator : Unsupported
major.minor version 51.0
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
       at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class:
net.java.sip.communicator.launcher.SIPCommunicator.  Program will
exit.

Now where do I get this from?

Uli