Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] x2goclient for Mac OS immediately throws error regarding "PulseAudio verison number" then crashes

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 09:06:54 +0200

On 10/26/2017 09:03 AM, Sean Hooten wrote:
> I get the following:
> 
> dtrace: failed to execute sudo: dtrace cannot control executables signed with
> restricted entitlements
> 
> 
> From briefly reading up, it looks like Apple's System Integrity Protection might
> be interfering. Should I disable it and try again?

Rather not. Let's try something else.

sudo dtruss -fn pulseaudio

Then, in another shell, execute
/Applications/x2goclient.app/Contents/exe/pulseaudio --version

If that doesn't work (i.e., dtrace doesn't see the newly spawned process), maybe
you'll need to give /Applications/x2goclient.app/Contents/exe/pulseaudio as the
argument to -n instead.

Mihai