Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] x2goclient for Mac OS immediately throws error regarding "PulseAudio verison number" then crashes

From: Sean Hooten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 17:15:35 -0700

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 7:59 PM, Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What does /Applications/x2goclient.app/Contents/exe/pulseaudio --version
> 2>/dev/null output? Currently I suspect that it crashes on your box.

I get no output from that command.

Okay, but I discovered something interesting. The command seems to return
the PulseAudio version number when I run with sudo, i.e.:
sudo /Applications/x2goclient.app/Contents/exe/pulseaudio --version
2>/dev/null

I get output:
pulseaudio 10.0-rebootstrapped

I also tried logging into my other administrator account, and x2goclient
seems to work fine on that account. So for whatever reason it seems that
the permissions on my regular user account are mesed up... I'm not sure
what do to about this, I might need to restore to a backup. But at least
for the time being I can use the client.

Thanks for the help Mihai,

Sean