Subject: Bug#1226: [X2Go-Dev] x2goclient for Mac OS immediately throws error regarding "PulseAudio verison number" then crashes

From: Sean Hooten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:11:00 -0700

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 1:16 AM, Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Can you please open a terminal window and execute:
>
> /path/to/x2goclient.app/Contents/MacOS/x2goclient --debug >
> ~/x2goclient.debug.log 2>&1
>
> Naturally with /path/to/x2goclient.app substituted with the actual path.
>

Okay, so that command started x2goclient.app and again threw the error.
Here is the log file the command produced (also attached):

x2go-INFO-1> "Starting X2Go Client..."
x2go-WARNING-1> "English language requested, not loading translator."
x2go-WARNING-1> "English language requested, not loading translator."
x2go-INFO-3> "Started X2Go Client."
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:518> "$HOME=/Users/shooten"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2279> Reading 2 sessions from config
file.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sessionbutton.cpp:341> Creating QPixmap with session
icon: ":/img/icons/128x128/x2gosession.png".
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sessionbutton.cpp:341> Creating QPixmap with session
icon: ":/img/icons/128x128/x2gosession.png".
x2go-DEBUG-../src/x2goutils.cpp:219> path value at beginning:
"/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/x2goutils.cpp:242> tmp_clean_add: ("/usr/local/bin")
x2go-DEBUG-../src/x2goutils.cpp:270> clean_add: ("/usr/local/bin")
x2go-DEBUG-../src/x2goutils.cpp:291> found entry i (0) in orig_path_list
("/usr/local/bin"): true
x2go-DEBUG-../src/x2goutils.cpp:309> return value at end:
"/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/x2goutils.cpp:219> path value at beginning:
"/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/x2goutils.cpp:242> tmp_clean_add: ("/opt/local/bin")
x2go-DEBUG-../src/x2goutils.cpp:270> clean_add: ("/opt/local/bin")
x2go-DEBUG-../src/x2goutils.cpp:291> found entry i (0) in orig_path_list
("/opt/local/bin"): false
x2go-DEBUG-../src/x2goutils.cpp:309> return value at end:
"/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/pulsemanager.cpp:140> Found PA binary as
"/Applications/x2goclient.app/Contents/exe/pulseaudio"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/pulsemanager.cpp:141> Corresponding working dir:
"/Applications/x2goclient.app/Contents/exe"
x2go-ERROR-19> Unable to fetch PulseAudio version - unexpected format.
Exiting.
2017-10-24 10:57:20.883 x2goclient[671:13310] modalSession has been exited
prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
WARNING: failed to kill process group '671': No such process

Sean