Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] x2goclient for Mac OS immediately throws error regarding "PulseAudio verison number" then crashes

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 10:16:33 +0200

Control: reassign -1 x2goclient 4.1.0.0
Control: reassign 1225 x2goclient 4.1.0.0

On 10/20/2017 12:08 AM, Sean Hooten wrote:
> Ran x2goclient.app, immediately get error upon initialization. 
> 
> Exact error message:
> 
>     Error fetching PulseAudio version number!
> 
>     Unexpected format encountered.

This is odd.

> What actually happened:
> x2goclient shows me the regular user interface with the pop-up error message.
> After selecting "Okay" it crashes. This was not an issue before, seemingly began
> happening spontaneously. I have attempted to reboot my machine, and reinstalled
> x2goclient and XQuartz to no avail. I have attached the full bug report.

Reinstalling x2goclient or XQuartz won't help in that case.

> I'm not sure why it is attempting to fetch a PulseAudio version number, this is
> not on my machine and I had not yet attempted to connect to my server before
> receiving the error.

We're currently starting PA upon client startup, no matter whether sessions will
use it or not. The currently WIP/unreleased X2Go Client version changed this
behavior, IIRC.

PA is shipped within the x2goclient app bundle, so users do not need to install
it themselves in general. This said, if it is, this might cause trouble.

Can you please open a terminal window and execute:

/path/to/x2goclient.app/Contents/MacOS/x2goclient --debug >
~/x2goclient.debug.log 2>&1

Naturally with /path/to/x2goclient.app substituted with the actual path.

Mihai