Subject: Bug: After Session starts on server&client, message appers on client: "The remote proxy closed the connection while negotiating the session. This may be due to the wrong authentication credentials passed to the server."

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:15:06 +0000

Package: x2goserver

Version: 4.0.1.20

I guess it's the x2goserver package that has the bug?? I don't know  
about what package precisely!...

***How to Reproduce the bug:***

Install, following the correct and proper instructions, the x2goclient  
and the x2goserver on respectively your client and your server.
(My client is Kali Linux 2017 latest version)
(My server is a Raspberry Pi Version 3)

Once the server packages are correctly installed in the server, and  
once the client package(s) is correctly installed in the client:
open your x2go client by issuing "x2goclient" in your terminal (my  
client terminal is root, so I actually issue the command to open the  
client as root, but I don't get any kind of problem)

create a new session with the correct details, and select LXDE  
protocol. (My rpi3 has lxde package installed and correctly working)
Keep in mind the rpi is booted on the cli environment, that's why I'm  
using the LXDE protocol.

Ok then start the connection (after insterting the proper password)
Status "connecting" will show up in the x2go client.
wait a few minutes and a window from the x2go client will pop up saying:
"The remote proxy closed the connection while negotiating
the session. This may be due to the wrong authentication
credentials passed to the server."

Looking at the logs at /var/log/syslog on the x2go server, the output is:
root@myrpithree:~# tail -f /var/log/syslog | grep x2go
Sep 24 14:11:56 myrpithree /usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions[3591]:  
myrpithree-50-1506280314_stDLXDE_dp24: state file for this session  
does not exist:  
/tmp/.x2go-myrpithree/C-myrpithree-50-1506280314_stDLXDE_dp24/state  
(this can be ignored during session startups)
Sep 24 14:12:00 myrpithree /usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions[3591]:  
myrpithree-50-1506280314_stDLXDE_dp24: state file for this session  
does not exist:  
/tmp/.x2go-myrpithree/C-myrpithree-50-1506280314_stDLXDE_dp24/state  
(this can be ignored during session startups)
Sep 24 14:12:03 myrpithree /usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions[3591]:  
myrpithree-50-1506280314_stDLXDE_dp24: state file for this session  
does not exist:  
/tmp/.x2go-myrpithree/C-myrpithree-50-1506280314_stDLXDE_dp24/state  
(this can be ignored during session startups)
Sep 24 14:12:40 myrpithree /usr/bin/x2gostartagent: successfully  
started X2Go agent session with ID myrpithree-50-1506280314_stDLXDE_dp24
^C

The session has been successfully started, however I still get that  
boring message on the client and thus I do not get the RDP window  
(meanwhile the connection is still on both in the server and in the  
client, in fact if I try once again the the client it will say that  
the previous connection is still on.)!

I've see this bug is around for quite some years, ANY TEMPORARY  
SOLUTION PLEASE?

DO YOU WANT ME TO POST MORE OUTPUTS OR SOMETHING? PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

-------------------------------------------------

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features!  
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!