Subject: Bug#1218: Improve User Experience when connecting to a session that is supposed to use agent-cached credentials or a keyfile

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 11:46:09 +0200

package: x2goclient
priority: wishlist

Whe an X2Go session is set to use agent-cached credentials or a keyfile,
clicking on the session tile will automatically start a connection
(unless a keyfile is used and it is password-protected - in that case, a
small pop-up is shown that asks for the keyfile's password).

If the connection is suspended - be it by a user-initiated suspend
command or due to loss of connection - X2GoClient shows the same
login/password dialog that is shown on initial connect for a session
that is not set up to use agent-cached credentials or a keyfile.

This is confusing to the user - as simply clicking "OK" without using
the password field is enough to reconnect. There's no need to show an
editable user name field and a password entry field.

Suggested change:
When the client detects a connection loss/suspend, it should return to
its default "select a tile" screen, if the session was using
agent-cached credentials or a keyfile.
If logging in with the agent-cached credentials/keyfile does not work, a
popup similar to the one asking for the keyfile password should appear,
only with a different visual design and textual description, so users
have a chance to understand they are being prompted for the login
password, rather than the keyfile password.

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243