Subject: Bug#1217: X2GoClient does not auto-resume sessions in public application mode

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 11:36:08 +0200

package: x2goclient

X2Goclient is supposed to auto-resume a suspended session if the
following conditions are all met:

- The session settings provided by X2GoClient upon connect match the
  session settings of the suspended session, AND
- There is exactly one suspended session with matching settings, AND
- X2GoClient was NOT started with --no-autoresume

However, this fails for sessions of the "published application" type,
and the reconnect session chooser popup is shown.
Desktop sessions and single application sessions are not affected.

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

---

From: Fingerless Gloves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 17:28:14 +0100

Hi All,

I too have this problem too. I would like to open x2go with the command
below and then have it resume my published apps session, but unless I
remove --hide I can't make it resume and always creates a new session. I
tried setting a session limit for my user on the x2go server but that
just errors saying no more sessions.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\x2goclient\x2goclient.exe" --session=Parrot
--tray-icon --hide --select-first-display

I'd like to make it so when my PC boots x2go session starts in the
background automaticly with my ssh key, without any prompts other than
the ssh key password. Only way to do this currently is to have the x2go
session window always there, which I can't find a way to minimize to tray.

Would be nice if there was a command line option to make it resume the
first session it sees.

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 16:40:53 +0200

Sounds like a bug. As a workaround you could instruct your local
window manager to minimize the x2go window. kwin offers a lot of
options for doing this, not sure what other window managers have.

Uli

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 4:03 PM Fingerless Gloves
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev

---

From: Fingerless Gloves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 13:18:26 +0100

I'm using Windows (due to steam games I play), so I think I'd have to
use autohotkey, to get similar options. But I know from experience its
not always that reliable.

Hopefully it can be fixed in the next release of the client. 😀

---

From: Fingerless Gloves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 14:55:55 +0000

Hi,

Is there any news on this bug. Would like to have it fixed some day 😀

---

From: 1217 <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 May 2023 16:42:16 +0200

1217

Please see below order as you have requested, also according to our conversation on phone

The invoice would be sent out today

Thanks

Regard

---

From: 1217 <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 May 2023 16:51:27 +0200

1217

Please see below profoma invoice as you have requested, also according to our conversation on phone

The payment would be sent out today

Thanks

Regard