Subject: Black window with KDE5 plasma

From: Klaus Fuerstberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 12:25:58 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.0-0x2go1.2

When starting x2goclient (linux or windows makes no difference) I only
got a blank, black screen as result when selecting KDE as desktop
environment. Starting a single application, for example xterm, works.
This happens after upgrade to Debian 9 and KDE5. The installation is
running without systemd but with sysvinit.

Some Logfile entries when starting the session:

/var/log/syslog:

###################
Aug 18 11:52:35 ork kernel: [ 2692.627128] kscreen_backend[20230]:
segfault at 8 ip 00007f9ed9c294d7 sp 00007ffd14939ee0 error 4 in
KSC_XRandR.so[7f9ed9c13000+23000]
Aug 18 11:52:35 ork kernel: [ 2692.641405] kscreen_backend[20234]:
segfault at 8 ip 00007f70844724d7 sp 00007ffddc3f71f0 error 4 in
KSC_XRandR.so[7f708445c000+23000]
###################

~/.xsession-x2go-errors:

###################
KCrash: Application Name = drkonqi path =
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec pid = 20179
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/drkonqi --appname
krunner --apppath /usr/bin --signal 6 --pid 20120 --appversion 5.8.6
--programname krunner --bugaddress [email-masked] --startupid 0
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/drkonqi
from kdeinit
kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/drkonqi' from
wrapper.
kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/drkonqi'
ksmserver: autostart service "/usr/bin/krunner" finished with exit code  9
failed to get the current screen resources
###################
See also https://pastebin.com/m5nJuRJ5 for the full log.

Thanks
Klaus