Subject: AW: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1200: Environment variables not set

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 08:35:01 +0200

Maybe you could provide a VM with the non-working Installation so we can have a look at it.

Uli

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von: "Bruno CAPELETO" <[email-masked]>
Gesendet: ‎05.‎09.‎2017 08:10
An: "Mihai Moldovan" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Betreff: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1200: Environment variables not set

Dear Mihai,

What good piece of news to start the day with !!!

So you do not see that "bug" on a fresh install. Unfortunately I see it, and also on a fresh install. It is even worse : I see it on 3 fresh server installs :
- Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS (old installation)
- Debian GNU/Linux 8
- Debian GNU/Linux 9

So it seems that I do not install the same way as the others. Let me give the details :
- installation in text mode (as these are remote servers)
- installation of LXDE only (tasksel : LXDE and ssh)
- installation of X2Go

On the 2 systems I could test locally (Debian 8 and Debian 9), the French locales are set properly when the user starts a local X session (the menu is in French).
However, on a remote X2Go session, the menu always appears in English (no need to start the software).

Thanks for your help,
Bruno

2017-09-05 5:34 GMT+02:00 Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>:

On 09/04/2017 05:44 PM, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
> People in Laurux's forum have reported this software works in single app mode
> but on an Ubuntu server.

Okay, I have just tried to reproduce your issues in a new, fresh Debian Stretch
VM. Only installed the core system, x2goserver, x2goserver-xsession, lxde and
gambas3.

Then (since I installed the system using the en_US.utf8 locale), ran
dpkg-reconfigure locales, selected fr_FR.* to be generated and set the default
locale to fr_FR.utf8.

Started up a new X2Go session (desktop session, LXDE) and was greeted by a
French-speaking LXDE instance (with some English text from the clipboard
manager, that does not seem to have a French localization. No problem.)

Afterwards, started gambas3 in the LXDE desktop session. Worked fine. And showed
up in French.

Next up: started gambas3 in single application mode. Came up fine and in French.

And just for fun, I then went on, downloaded Laurux3.tar.gz from the website
(since this software doesn't seem to be packaged within Debian directly...),
installed gambas3-gb-qt4 and gambas3-gb-qt4-ext (since it looked like these
modules were missing) and started Laurux3.gambas in the LXDE instance. It
greeted me in French with a dialog to setup MySQL. I skipped this and
Gambas3-Laurux started up. Again, everything was in French.

Last thing: started /home/ionic/applications/Laurux3/Laurux3.gambas (obviously
the path I extracted it to) in a single application session. Again, I was
greeted by the dialog to create a MySQL database. Skipped this, and
Laurux-Gambas came up. All in French. It looked weird, but that's because in
single application mode, we don't yet have an XSETTINGS daemon running that
would enable Qt4 to look up its theme settings, so a ugly fallback theme is
being used by default.

So far, I'm unable to reproduce any issue (and curiously, the Laurux version
from their homepage seems to be using Qt4 instead of Qt5 as well, so I wonder
how you came up with Qt4 before.)

I wasn't able to test the double-clicking issue, since all tests were carried
out using X2Go Client on Linux.

I'd like to understand why your env variables are not being set correctly, but
it doesn't seem to be systematic X2Go bug. With a cleanly installed system, this
does not seem to happen.

Mihai