Subject: Bug#1200: Double clicks not recognized in Qt(4?/5?) applications (Was: Environment variables not set)

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 11:12:55 +0200

Control: retitle -1 Double clicks not recognized in Qt(4?/5?) applications
Control: reassign -1 x2goclient 4.1.0.0
Control: tag -1 build-win32

On 09/05/2017 10:42 AM, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
> Found : in sshd_config, one must use the "UsePAM yes" directive
> 
> I do not really see the link with the locales, and on top of that that open some
> security holes I guess.
> For example, adding this instruction I had to add additional instructions to
> forbid the password authentication.

PAM authentication is generally good - it also provides stuff like sessions and
other access control (for instance with login limits and the like), which pure
shadow access does not.

Okay, so what happens is that without PAM support, your shell startup scripts
that would normally fetch the system locale are probably not executed. Which one
exactly beats me, but that's probably not too important. You really shouldn't
disable PAM authentication on Linux.

Instead, you can edit /etc/pam.d/sshd. Disable the common-auth include line.
That should make it impossible to login with passwords - but still allow setups
with OTP's for instance, if ChallengeResponseAuthentication is enabled in
sshd_config.

> Conclusions for the reported bugs :
> 1. locales are set properly

Great!

> 2. I do not have the LXDE error "no session for pid..." anylonger

Also good, but that's been LXDE's problem really.

> 3. single app mode seems to work for my software (no crash so far)

Even better. It might look bad in single application mode, as explained before.

> 4. I could not test right now ; I guess that one is related to something else...

Let's assume that still to be the case, though. I'm retitling the bug report as
such and will leave it open for the time being.

Mihai