Subject: Bug#1198: loginctl enable-linger

From: Orion Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 20:07:39 -0600

So I guess the fix for this is to run "loginctl enable-linger" in 
x2goruncommand?  Do this seem correct?

See also https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1478974

-- 
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager                     303-415-9701 x222
NWRA/CoRA Division                    FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                  [email-masked]
Boulder, CO 80301              http://www.cora.nwra.com

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 08:53:51 +0200

> See also https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1478974

Sounds sane, I guess? This feature (i.e., letting users enable linger) can be
deactivated, but then there's nothing we could possibly do about the situation.

Thanks.

Mihai

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 09:41:41 +0200

>> x2goruncommand?  Do this seem correct?

I'll go for x2gostartagent, though, since that's really the first process in our
chain.

Mihai

---

From: Orion Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 07:59:39 -0600

> deactivated, but then there's nothing we could possibly do about the situation.

There is also "systemd-run", not sure how that compares.

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 03:50:47 +0200

> There is also "systemd-run", not sure how that compares.

systemd-run is changing the unit type in which context a command is executed. By
default, commands are executed in a session context. With systemd-run, that can
be changed to scope, service or timer-scheduled contexts.

I don't think that makes sense in our case. A session context should be most
appropriate to what we do. Changing the context also won't help us with
lingering, as far as I can see, since such scope/service/timer contexts are also
killed automatically once the last user login vanishes.

Mihai