Subject: Re: Bug#1197: Multihead fullscreen not working with TCE client in displaymanager mode

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 11:49:56 +0200

Am 26.07.2017 um 11:25 schrieb Walid MOGHRABI:
>> Why didn't you report your issues with the current build process in a 
>> bug or on the list so we have a chance to improve our build 
>> process/documentation? 
> 
> Well, for multiple reasons :
> 
> First : the kernel image process uses live build scripts that are obsolete on Ubuntu 16.04 so it crashes all the time because of invalid dependencies problems (those scripts needs packages from Debian that are not available on Ubuntu) ... so it was just headaches

You could probably set up a Debian changeroot using debootstrap
(admittedly, I've never tried that, though), or a virtual machine with
Debian as a dedicated build host.

> Second : sorry to say that but the live build process documentation is pretty partial and based on situation where "it works" but outside that scope a lot of things "just don't work" and there are many forks for the setup scripts from many users so to be honest ... this is a bit messy and since there is nothing in the repo but everything in personnal github here and there, it was just to complicated

Are you talking about the live-build project's documentation, or the
X2Go-TCE-Live documentation?

If all you want to do is build X2Go-TCE-Live images, you don't need to
start by reading and trying to understand the live-build project's docs.

Read our Wiki page:
<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:tce#starting_the_build>, run
the three chunks of code given in the sections titled "Configuring the
Build", "Live-Patching the Build", "Starting the Build", and you end up
with a stable, i386 build ready for netbooting via PXE, TFTP, HTTP.

Prefer one that boots from local/portable media?
Change
export LBX2GO_IMAGETYPE='netboot'
to
export LBX2GO_IMAGETYPE='iso-hybrid'
in the first chunk of code, and you're done.  Can't get much easier than
that, can it?

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243