Subject: Bug#1192: Wishlist: Add alternative key combos for windowed mode

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 23:22:44 +0200

package: x2goagent
priority: wishlist

At present, there's a server-side configuration file
/etc/x2go/keystrokes.cfg
(and optional per-user settings in ~/.x2go/config/keystrokes.cfg *on the
server*) that define which key combinations trigger actions in X2Go,
like suspending the session or toggling between fullscreen and windowed
mode.

In windowed mode, it is currently impossible to switch from one
application to another using Alt-Tab - it will always apply to the
"outer session", the local display (X on Linux, GDI or whatever on
Windows, $SOMEOTHERMAGIC on macOS).

Microsoft has the same issue with RDP sessions.

This is why Windows RDP sessions use the following mapping when running
in windowed mode:
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/desktop/aa383500(v=vs.85).aspx>
e.g. Alt-Tab is replaced with Alt-PgUp, and Alt-Shift-Tab with Alt-PgDn.

It would be nice if we could add this to our configuration, so that a
set of Ctrl-Alt-$SPECIALKEY commands can get mapped to other key
combinations inside the session, so that e.g. Ctrl-Alt-PgUp would
trigger an Alt-Tab keypress/release inside the session.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur
-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243