Subject: Bug#1172: Modifier Keys not working as expected

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:20:55 +0200

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Stefan Baur <[email-masked]> wrote:
> package: x2goclient
>
> (devs: feel free to reassign this to nx-libs/arctica, if the cause is
> not in X2GoClient)
>
> A certain application requires the following keypresses:

Is the spplication's name secret?

> - Hold down ctrl, shift and alt
> - while holding them down, press the space bar
> - let go of shift and space bar, keep holding down ctrl and alt

leaving you with ctrl-alt

> - with ctrl and alt pressed, press a function key (F1-F6)
> - let go of all keys
>
> This works when the application is run on :0 - the "ctrl-alt-Fx" is not
> passed down to X, so no switch to tty1-tty6 occurs, which is the
> intended and expected behavior.

So I guess that the application is consuming that very keypress
somehow by communicating with the X server (grab the key(s) in
question).

> However, with the application running in an X2Go session, the same
> sequence of keys will trigger a switch to tty1-tty6 on the local client.

The application probably also communicates with the X server which
this time is nxagent. So nxagent would probably not pass the grab to
the real X server.

You could try if the coming autograb feature helps here.

But for analysis we'd need the application to see what is doing.

For the records: I think it is nx-libs so we should open an issue
there. But I am not sure if we will be able to fix that at all.

Uli