Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1172: Bug#1172: Bug#1172: Bug#1172: ThunderBird crashes in PubApp mode on amd64

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 22:12:00 +0200

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Problem identified: It's the BIG-REQUESTS extension. We have disabled
> that in nx 3.5.99 because it is buggy. Add
>
> X2GO_NXAGENT_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=" -extension BIG-REQUESTS"
>
> to /etc/x2goagent.options and thunderbird works.
>
> IMHO we never had a working version of BIG-REQUESTS. So it is probably
> a good idea and I am wondering why it is active in 3.5.0.32 at all.

Forget that. We have BIG-REQUESTS in 3.5.99 and it is working. So
disabling BIG-REQUESTS is just a workaround.

As replacing libNX_X11.so with the 3.5.99 version is sufficient to
make the error go away I suppose one of the many fixes that came in
through updating libNX_X11 to current Xorg upstream libX11 is the
solution. But as there are so many it's difficult to identify the
right one(s)...

We could try to find the libNX_X11 version where it started to work.

Uli