Subject: Bug#1172: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1172: ThunderBird crashes in PubApp mode on amd64

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 01:53:36 +0200

Am 08.05.2017 um 00:07 schrieb Ulrich Sibiller:

[...]

> The error message you posted is this:
> traps: x2goagent [3339] general protection ip:7f02464e2e6d
> sp:7ffef6c22150error:0 in libNX_X11.so.6.2[7f0246496000+123000]
> 
> So we have a problem in libNX_X11 which - in 3.5.9.77 - is on the
> current xorg upstream level 1.6.5. In nx-libs 3.5.0.32 it is rather
> old (about 1.3.3). I am curious if it is sufficient to ONLY copy
> libNX_X11.so* from 3.5.99.7 to your crashing installation. If that
> helps we could release 3.5.0.33 or 34 with that libX11 exchanged. This
> should generally be bit much less risky than just marking 3.5.99 as
> stable.

Copying the single file over actually works.  Though I don't know what
other side effects it may have ...

[...]

> You could try to install libNX_X11-dbg and attach gdb to x2goagent
> (run "gdb -p $(pidof x2goagent)") just before starting thunderbird.
> When it crashes you'll get a backtrace. Using that information we can
> (hopefully) see if a quick backport could help. That would be the
> least invasive solution.

I hope I did this right ... the package name was libnx-x11-6-dbg.

GNU gdb (Debian 7.7.1+dfsg-5) 7.7.1
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".
Attaching to process 6297
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/nx/bin/nxagent...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xext.so.6...Reading
symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xext.so.6.4...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xext.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_X11.so.6...Reading
symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_X11.so.6.2...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_X11.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1...(no debugging
symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6...Reading symbols
from /usr/lib/debug//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm-2.19.so...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xpm.so.4...Reading
symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xpm.so.4.11...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xpm.so.4
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcomp.so.3...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcomp.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcompext.so.3...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcompext.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcompshad.so.3...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcompshad.so.3
Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xrender.so.1...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xrender.so.1.2.2...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xrender.so.1
Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xfixes.so.3...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xfixes.so.3.0...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xfixes.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xtst.so.6...Reading
symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xtst.so.6.1...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xtst.so.6
Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xdamage.so.1...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xdamage.so.1.0...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xdamage.so.1
Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xrandr.so.2...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xrandr.so.2.0...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xrandr.so.2
Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xcomposite.so.1...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xcomposite.so.1.0...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xcomposite.so.1
Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xinerama.so.1...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xinerama.so.1.0...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xinerama.so.1
Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xdmcp.so.6...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xdmcp.so.6.0...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libNX_Xdmcp.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.so.2...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6...Reading symbols
from /usr/lib/debug//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-2.19.so...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2...Reading symbols
from /usr/lib/debug//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl-2.19.so...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng12.so.0...(no debugging
symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng12.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjpeg.so.62...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjpeg.so.62
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1...(no debugging
symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblzma.so.5...(no debugging
symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblzma.so.5
Reading symbols from /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ld-2.19.so...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_files.so.2...Reading
symbols from
/usr/lib/debug//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_files-2.19.so...done.
done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_files.so.2
0x00007f664a88b873 in __select_nocancel () at
../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
81      ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S: No such file or directory.
(gdb) s
0x00007f664c34d969 in NXTransSelect () from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcomp.so.3
(gdb) s
Single stepping until exit from function NXTransSelect,
which has no line number information.
_XSelect (maxfds=<optimized out>, readfds=0xbbc880,
writefds=0x7ffc44d17650, exceptfds=<optimized out>,
timeout=0x7ffc44d17790) at XlibInt.c:335
335     XlibInt.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) s
337     in XlibInt.c
(gdb) s
__GI___errno_location () at errno-loc.c:26
26      errno-loc.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) s
27      in errno-loc.c
(gdb) s
_XSelect (maxfds=<optimized out>, readfds=0xbbc880,
writefds=0x7ffc44d17650, exceptfds=<optimized out>,
timeout=0x7ffc44d17790) at XlibInt.c:339
339     XlibInt.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) s
350     in XlibInt.c
(gdb) s

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
_XData32 (dpy=dpy@entry=0x2539060, data=<optimized out>,
data@entry=0x7f66477bcff4, len=101652, len@entry=109812) at XlibInt.c:3792
3792    in XlibInt.c
(gdb) s

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.
(gdb) quit

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243