Subject: Bug#1172: ThunderBird crashes in PubApp mode on amd64

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 16:30:41 +0200

package: nx-libs

Hi,

since Debian Jessie (stable) switched from IceDove back to ThunderBird,
TB crashes when the host is an amd64 machine and X2GoClient is running
in PubApp mode. i386 is unaffected.

It happens with X2GoClient on Windows as well as on Linux, so it's not a
matter of VcXsrv being too old/broken/whatever.

It also happens when all X2Go server components are installed from heuler.

It does NOT happen when you build nx-libs from source using the Debian
Experimental repository.

So there's something in the stable nx-libs that's broken on amd64 only,
and got fixed in the nx-libs version that is available via Debian
Experimental.

Core-Devs, please advise how to fix this - should we dare making a new
nx-libs release and declare it stable, based on what is in Debian
Experimental (arguing that everything is better than what we currently
have)?  Or should we try to hunt down the offending code part and only
patch that?  If the latter, who's willing to take a stab at it?  (We
don't have a business case ATM, as all my TB-PubApp-users are still on
i386, so no funding as of now.)

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243