Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1167: More details

From: "Petronic, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 20:52:51 +0000

Yes, I noticed the same thing when I was googling around for clues. We are running the latest version of vmware-tools and I believe, when we moved to vmware version 6 this started happening around that time but we were not able to correlate it then and a number of updates have been applied since then. I had the VM admins build me an image with the older version of the tools last week but I still experienced the crash. IMO, given the popup error refers to a crash related to a pure virtual function, it would seem that this very well might be breakage in some vmware DLL API that is not acting in a backwards compatible manner.  Just a guess. Also, this only occurs when I configure the vcxsrv in rootless mode. I might try your suggestion by trying to run the image on a player. I already know it happens on different hosts as we have a number of hosts supporting the VDI instances and we float around day to day. I've confirmed it happens on different hosts in that way. Thanks for you suggestions and input!

Mark

________________________________
From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2017 6:06:55 AM
To: Petronic, Mark; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1167: More details

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Petronic, Mark
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> vm3dum.dll

Googling for vm3dum.dll reveals a lot of crashes related to that
vmware dll. So I suppose it has nothing to do with x2go but with your
vmware. Some post suggest upgrading vmware-tools so please try that
and see if the crashes go away.

Also you could try moving the virtual machine to another host (or
maybe a vmware player or workstation) and check if the crashes
persist.

Uli