Subject: x2goclient terminates with "WARNING: failed to kill process group '<pid>': No such process

From: Seth Galitzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 13:58:37 -0500

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.0.0 and 4.1.0.1

When exiting x2goclient, after a pause of about 2 seconds, the following 
message is displayed to stderr:
WARNING: unable to send SIGTERM to process group '<pid>': No such process

About 10 more seconds later, the following message is displayed to stderr:
WARNING: failed to kill process group '<pid>': No such process

In some cases, the first message is not displayed, but the second one 
always is after about 10-12 seconds. The pid is the same in both message.

This seems to only affect 4.1.x clients. 4.0.x clients do not seem to 
have this behavior.

I have confirmed these results on the following platforms and builds:
Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial): x2goclient 4.1.0.0 
(4.1.0.0-0~1536~ubuntu16.04.1), installed from Launchpad PPA
Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial): x2goclient 4.1.0.1, compiled from source
Ubuntu 15.04 (vivid): x2goclient 4.1.0.0 (4.1.0.0-0~1536~ubuntu15.04.1), 
installed from Launchpad PPA
Ubuntu 15.04 (vivid): x2goclient 4.1.0.1, compiled from source
Debian 8.7 (jessie) 64-bit: x2goclient 4.1.0.1, compiled from source
Debian 8.7 (jessie) 32-bit: x2goclient 4.1.0.1, compiled from source

The following builds and platforms do not appear to be affected:
Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial): x2goclient 4.0.5.1 (4.0.5.1-1), installed from 
official Ubuntu repos
Ubuntu 15.04 (vivid): x2goclient 4.0.3.1 (4.0.3.1-4), installed from 
official Ubuntu repos
Debian 8.7 (jessie) 64-bit: x2goclient 4.0.3.1 (4.0.3.1-4), installed 
from official debian repos
Debian 8.7 (jessie) 32-bit: x2goclient 4.0.3.1 (4.0.3.1-4), installed 
from official debian repos

Seth

-- 
Seth Galitzer
Systems Coordinator
Computing and Information Sciences
Kansas State University
http://www.cis.ksu.edu/~sgsax
[email-masked]
785-532-7790

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 14:03:11 +0200

Control: close -1
Control: tag -1 not-a-bug

> This seems to only affect 4.1.x clients. 4.0.x clients do not seem to 

Most of the time, that's perfectly fine and nothing to worry about.

It merely means that x2goclient and its child processes exited cleanly before
the cleanup process could kill them.

If you should ever see stray x2goclient processes left *after* these messages,
then that's something to worry about.

Mihai