Subject: Bug#1155: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1155: Volume levels are not saved with TCE

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 23:21:10 +0200

Am 13.03.2017 um 11:43 schrieb Walid MOGHRABI:

> When my TCE users logs in their session, they have to set their audio volume levels everytime.
> Their settings are not saved when they log off their session.

Where would you expect the setting to be saved?
The Client is a RAM disk, so once you reboot, all settings are reset to
their default values.
If you want to adjust client-side audio volume, you'd have to adjust the
volume on each startup using, say, amixer in a startup script that you
splice into the thinclient boot process.  If anything, I would use that
to set the audio volume to maximum for all ThinClients.

The only volume controls available to the user come from the server,
once the session is running.  Saving those settings SHOULD be the task
of the selected Desktop Environment.
It would be interesting to know if you're also losing the settings when
you log in using a non-ThinClient computer that has X2GoClient installed.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243