Subject: Bug#1148 closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> (Closing...)

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 21:10:02 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the pyhoca-cli package:

#1148: ValueError: CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV

It has been closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1148: https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1148
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Closing...
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 21:06:52 +0000

Control: close -1

> ValueError: CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV

This issue might have been related to some non-supported Paramiko  
version. Too long ago to hunt it down. Similar issues haven't been  
observed recently.

Closing this issue report in the process of migrating X2Go BTS to X2Go  
GitLab's issue tracker.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde
Mike Gabriel, Marienthaler Str. 17, 24340 Eckernförde
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4351) 850 8940

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

Subject: ValueError: CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV
From: Markus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 11:47:13 +0100

Package: pyhoca-cli
Version: 0.5.0.4

Hi,

pyhoca-cli stopped working for me. I expected it to ask me for password,
but instead it raises an exception.

I don't know what happened, because this worked all the time. And I
think I didn't change anything.

The error message is: "ValueError: CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV"

Used command:

pyhoca-cli --server xxxxxxx -u xxxxxx -R
xxxx-xx-xxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx-session_xxxx

exact apt versions of my client:
pyhoca-cli 0.5.0.4-0~231~ubuntu16.04.1
python-paramiko 1.16.0-1

pyhoca-cli[16494] NOTICE: preparing requested X2Go session
pyhoca-cli[16494] (PyHocaCLI) NOTICE: preparing requested X2Go session
pyhoca-cli[16494] (x2gosessregistry-pylib) NOTICE: registering X2Go
session Pyhoca-Client_Session...
pyhoca-cli[16494] (x2goclient-pylib) NOTICE: initializing X2Go session...
pyhoca-cli[16494] (x2gocontrolsession-pylib) NOTICE: connecting to
[working]:22
No handlers could be found for logger "paramiko.transport"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pyhoca-cli", line 422, in <module>
    thisPyHocaCLI.authenticate()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyhoca/cli/frontend.py", line
455, in authenticate
    self._X2GoClient__connect_session(self.x2go_session_hash,
username=_username, password=self.args.password,
force_password_auth=force_password_auth)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/x2go/client.py", line 1367, in
connect_session
    sshproxy_force_password_auth=sshproxy_force_password_auth,
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/x2go/session.py", line 1322, in
connect
    **_params)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/x2go/backends/control/plain.py", line
1001, in connect
    look_for_keys=look_for_keys)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paramiko/client.py", line 325,
in connect
    t.start_client()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paramiko/transport.py", line
492, in start_client
    raise e
ValueError: CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV