Subject: Highlight menu item in tile on mouseover

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 14:28:16 +0100

package: x2goclient
priority: wishlist

When X2GoClient presents its tiles on the right, most of the options
there can be changed (unless --no-session-edit is passed) by clicking
them, without having to access the session configuration screen.

However, these options are easy to miss due to their size - and clicking
any non-option spot on the tile causes the tile to activate.

I would like to suggest that once the mouse pointer hovers over an
option, the option becomes highlighted - e.g. with a blueish background
and the letter color changed to white instead.

This would provide a better User Experience, as the user gets a visual
feedback of when to click to change the option.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 19:24:28 +0100

Control: tag -1 wontfix
Control: close -1

> and the letter color changed to white instead.

No can do, Dave. Mutable options are already being highlighted on move-over.

Mihai

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 22:49:34 +0100

Control: reopen -1

Am 07.02.2017 um 19:24 schrieb Mihai Moldovan:
[wishlist bug: highlight options on mouseover]

> No can do, Dave. Mutable options are already being highlighted on move-over.
1) That's "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
   Get your movie quotes right, grasshopper! :-P

2) Maybe there is some kind of highlighting already enabled, but the
   color you are using for it is not helpful, so are the other visual
   cues.  See attached screenshot ...

-Stefan

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 23:08:28 +0100

>    cues.  See attached screenshot ...

Well it is, really. It's just that Qt highlights elements differently based on
the selected Windows style. As you're using the Windows-2000-"compatibility"
style, you see almost no highlighting.

The default Aero style in Windows 7 is producing a very visible highlight, though.

Mihai