Subject: Bug#1137: MATE Minidesktop TCE approach for X2Go is lacking documentation

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:20:55 +0100

package: wiki.x2go.org

Searching for MATE or Minidesktop on the Wiki does not return any
meaningful results wrt/ the MATE-Minidesktop TCE.

It would be really helpful to the cause if there was at least a Wiki
page explaining what to install from where to get this running, so
people can check it out, determine if it's suitable for their use case,
and expand both code and documentation further, if neccessary.

Mike, since this seems to be your brainchild, I would really suggest you
whip up a wiki page describing it.

Just some basic instructions and explanations:

- Which Repositories are needed
- Which packages need to be installed
- Which commands need to be run
- Which configuration files need to be changed manually after the
installation
- What is the expected result (maybe one or two screenshots)
- What is the advantage of the Minidesktop (I'm guessing it offers a few
locally installed applications alongside X2GoClient)

I'm sure there will be a few people willing to tinker with it and
expanding on your documentation *once they know MATE-Minidesktop even
exists*.

I would suggest adding the page here:
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto

Using e.g.
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:tce
for a rough idea as to what it might look like.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243