Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1136: Bug#1136: Multiple issues with x2gousbmount

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 09:02:05 +0000

On  Mo 16 Jan 2017 16:39:48 CET, Stefan Baur wrote:

> Am 16.01.2017 um 16:35 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
>>
>> The mini desktop is a minimal MATE desktop env running on the thin
>> client. With that minimal desktop, x2gothinclientd is not used and the
>> role is taken over by MATE's session manager.
>>
>> Simple as that.
>
> Does that mean that at the very moment when an USB plug/unplug event is
> detected, there is no x2goclient running that has --thinclient set?

Exactly. On the Mini-Desktop based TCE variant, X2Go Client runs in  
"normal" mode. It is launched via a desktop icon (and in the temp  
user's XDG autostart folder).

> Because if you *do* call x2goclient [...] --thinclient [...] for that
> minidesktop session, then the new detection in the subroutine
> check_x2gothinclientmode will trigger on that as well, so the "|| ..."
> part would no longer be needed.

Not sure what you mean by that. Basically, you don't want x2gousbmount  
interfere with udisks(2) which is what the MATE session manager uses  
to manage pluggable storage devices.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de