Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1136: Bug#1136: Multiple issues with x2gousbmount

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:10:17 +0100

Am 19.01.2017 um 10:02 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
>> Because if you *do* call x2goclient [...] --thinclient [...] for that
>> minidesktop session, then the new detection in the subroutine
>> check_x2gothinclientmode will trigger on that as well, so the "|| ..."
>> part would no longer be needed.
> 
> Not sure what you mean by that.

*sigh* ...

Old code: Checks for presence of x2gothinclientd
          (sub check_x2gothinclientd)

New code: Checks for presence of x2goclient with --thinclient option
          (sub check_x2gothinclientmode)

Old code:
if ( check_x2gothinclientd() ||  ( -d
"/usr/share/doc/x2gothinclient-minidesktop" ) )

-> "Either x2gothinclientd is running or directory
/usr/share/doc/x2gothinclient-minidesktop exists"

If, on the Minidesktop, x2goclient would be called with --thinclient,
that line could be shortened to:
if ( check_x2gothinclientmode() )

Pleas pay attention to this: Your statement

> Basically, you don't want x2gousbmount
> interfere with udisks(2) which is what the MATE session manager uses to
> manage pluggable storage devices.

contradicts what the code currently in the X2Go repo (NOT our latest,
suggested changes) is doing - in other words, the present code DOES run
x2goumount when the minidesktop is detected, so it WILL interfere with
udisks/MATE session manager - so either you are wrong, or you have an
issue there.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243