Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1134: Bug#1134: No environment variable available for testing in .bash_profile or .bashrc

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 23:28:31 +0100

Am 10.01.2017 um 23:12 schrieb Rick Benkstein:

> I have made my software switchable between GUI non-GUI by examining the DISPLAY variable - if it is NULL then x2go is not being used.

Unless, of course, you are occasionally using a local X session, or
regular X forwarding, where this approach will bite you in the
posterior, falsely assuming that you're running an X2Go session when
it's regular X.

The deeper-rooted issue here is that X2Go-specific variables are only
set when a session is run in fullscreen or windowed mode, displaying an
entire desktop.

For single/published applications, no such X2Go-specific variable is set.

However, you can check if:

the command x2golistsessions is executable (=we're on an X2GoServer -
important in case of NFS-mounted home directories)

AND the DISPLAY variable is set

AND client DISPLAY and SSH client IP match an X2Go session marked as "R"
for running.

See <http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:ssh-agent-workaround>,
section "# Part that runs in X2Go session", for an example where you
could lift the required code.

What you don't need is the part that checks for a file named
"~/.x2go/agent", so just remove that part.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243