Subject: Bug#1132: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1132: X2go rgb.txt follow up

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:53:08 +0100

Am 30.01.2017 um 19:23 schrieb Town, Brian A. (GSFC-428.0)[Embedded
Flight Systems, Inc]:
> It appears the major issue was not actually x2go, as after running into
> the color problem on multiple systems that were built by others, using a
> fresh Centos/Rhel install made the colors work properly while using
> xterm. It seems there is something fundamentally wrong with the existing
> system in regards to how it’s using the rgb.txt file and x2go connecting
> to it, though what that is right now I am not entirely sure.

So ... I guess that means compare /etc/*, compare list of installed
packages and package versions, compare individual scripts like .bashrc
(not sure if xterm has a user-specific config file somewhere as well),
check if LD_PRELOAD and if all else fails, check the ldd and strace
output of all the executables involved.

Sounds like a whole lot of work.  Hope you'll be able to figure this out.

In the meantime, can we close the bug, since you stated it's not
X2Go-related?

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243